What is the Vimeo Feature?
The Vimeo Feature enables you to automatically sync your Vimeo channel, user feed, or single video into your app. In this article, we’ll go over how to use this feature.
What are some use cases of Vimeo?
Some use cases of this feature include:
- Does your church have a Vimeo account with video sermons? You can use the Vimeo feature to bring those sermons into your app!
- If you’re building a fitness app, you can use the Vimeo feature to showcase your workout videos.
- Have a cooking app? You can use the Vimeo feature to add step-by-step recipe videos to your app.
What is the Vimeo Feature’s primary function and what are the steps to accomplish it?
Now that you have some suggestions on how to use the Vimeo feature, let’s go over how to set it up.
How To Add Your Vimeo Channel, Feed, Or Single Video To Your App
Step 1: Specify The Content Type That You’re Linking To
When you create an instance of the Vimeo feature, you’ll see the option to pick between three content types.
Select the content type that corresponds with the link that you’re going to use in the Vimeo feature. Here’s a breakdown of what the three content types are:
- Channel Feed: This is a collection of videos from multiple users. If you want to showcase a channel of videos that your users would find helpful, then this would be your best option.
- User Feed: This is a collection of videos from one user or account on Vimeo. If you’re a content creator or you want to showcase more than one of your videos, then this would be the best option for you.
- Single Video: This is the link for a single video on the Vimeo platform. This is a good option if you want to showcase a single video in the Vimeo feature.
Step 2: Copy the Channel Feed, User Feed, or Single Video URL and paste it into the “URL” Field
After you have selected the content type, grab the URL for that feed or video and paste it into the “URL” filed.
Then click “Validate”.
Congratulations! You have now added your Vimeo feed or video to your app! One thing to note is that you’ll need to make sure that your videos are marked as “public” so that they can be accessed easily within the app.
What are some Pro Tips you should know about to take your app to the next level?
Having worked with apps for years, we’ve learned a thing or two. So, to both help your app stand out and accomplish your primary goals, here are some tips you should consider.
Pro Tip 1: Using Folders to Organize Your Content
If you have multiple Vimeo Features for feeds or single videos, you can use the Folder feature to categorize them into a master Feature.
Pro Tip 2: Use the Design Tab to switch up how your YouTube videos are displayed
You can use the Design tab to alter the display of your content.
Pro Tip 3: Manual Customization
Even if you have feeds, you may want to manually customize your content by adding video and audio to the same item, for example. To do so, check out the Media Center Manual feature.
In addition to this article, we recommend checking out the following related articles so that you have a better insight into how to use the system to its fullest advantage:
Still have questions? No problem! Reach out to us and we’d be happy to help :)