When does my app need to be resubmitted?
With our SmartSync technology, about 95% percent of your app can be updated, changed, and pushed out to your live app without a resubmission.
This means that you can make edits to plugins, add photos, remove text and once you hit the Publish button, your app will be updated.
So then what is the last 5% of content that will require a resubmission?
- Changing the App Icon
- Changing the App Icon Name
- Changing the Loading Screens
- Changing the Publishing Information
- Changing the Apple Specific Publishing Information
- Changing the Android Specific Publishing Information
- When your app needs a new permission. For example, let's say you didn't include any features that asked for the user's location, but now you want to add one (e.g. the Places plugin, Geo Fence Notifications, etc.).
- When we perform system maintenance on a feature that is hard-coded in the app and need to update it. For example, some operating system updates may require a new submission.
Plugins, images, text, video, fonts, colors — everything else, you can change without worrying about resubmitting to the app stores.
Otherwise, a resubmission will put your app back into Apple and Google’s review process and take several weeks to update.
What if I don't know what changed?
That's ok! There are some updates that happen in the background and you might not even know exactly what they are. If this is the case, just reach out and let us know you're unsure of what changed, but that you need a resubmission and we can handle it.
How do I get my app resubmitted?
Our publishing team will handle the resubmission for you, so just reach out to let us know what changed and we'd be happy to resubmit it for you.
Still have questions? No problem! Reach out to us and we’d be happy to help :)