Engagement is a buzzword when it comes to managing a mobile app. So — how do you keep your users engaged? One way is through Social Plugins.
Social Plugins allow you to create social walls in your app. It’s a way for your users to communicate with each other and you. Think of it as a chatroom or a forum. If your users are in your app and talking to each other, then they’re engaged.
There are three main reasons why you should use the social plugin.
- Learn about your users. In order to post, like, or comment on anything in a social wall, you have to have an account. This is great for you to learn about who’s on your app and what they like to talk about. You can also use this information later on when you target push notifications.
- A great channel of communication. The Social Walls are a medium between emails and social media. All communications are private within the app and just provide another channel of communication.
- Grow your community. The social wall is a simple and easy way to build and nurture your community. Who wouldn’t want to stay close and connected to their customers?
These are the 3 most common ways we’ve seen the social plugin be used:
- Community Building
If your customers have a question, they should feel comfortable coming to you for help. An Ask-A-Pro social wall is the perfect place for you to answer their questions quickly and build your credibility as a leader in your industry. Here are some ideas:
- Real Estate. You could create a social wall specifically for quoting homes. They just have to snap a photo, post it on the wall, and wait for you to answer.
- Mechanic/Car Dealership. They can take a picture of say a dented car bumper, post it, and then wait for your response.
- Conferences. you can use a social wall as a way for audience members to ask questions in real time.
- Education. Social walls can serve as a way to contact the teacher if a student or parent has a question about homework. This is faster than email and doesn’t require the teacher to give out their personal contact information.
Even if your industry wasn’t mentioned, I hope those examples helped! Now, lets move on to Community Building.
The idea with building a community is to just create different spaces for your users to express themselves and to connect with other like-minded users. Ideally the community would grow to a point where it would require little intervention on your part to get the conversation going. This should be your ultimate goal.
Some examples would be:
- Church. Create separate social walls for different groups in your church, such as for the Youth Group, Bible Study, and Worship team
- Kids’ Sports Leagues. Create a wall for parents of kids in sports leagues to gush about their kid and talk to other parents.
- Fitness. Create a space for enthusiasts to encourage each other and give tips
- Conferences. Create separate walls dedicated to different panels at your conference so attendees can chat with each other about a specific topic.
It might take some time for Community-Building Social Walls to become active, but keep working at it! It will definitely pay off in the long run. Before you get to that point though, odds are the engagement in your app will probably begin as a one-to-many approach.
Examples of announcement social walls would be
- Clothing Brand. Announce a sale.
- Music Artist. Announce your new mixtape.
- YouTuber. Announce a new video.
The main idea is you would give them new content to talk about. A more advanced version of this strategy would be to give them early or even exclusive access to certain promos or content. This way your users would have a compelling reason to download and keep your app on their phone. This idea could be applied to pretty much any industry.
As you can see there are a ton of ways to engage your users through the social plugin. I hope you’re now inspired for your app.